Saturday 11 October 2014

When Life Gives You Lemons


Well, turns out you can have too much Lamb!




The next day for Lunch we had Lamb, Bean, Beetroot, Quinoa Salad, then for dinner we had Lamb Rogan Josh. Then Leftover Lamb Rogan Josh with a lettuce & cucumber side salad. Then Lamb Ruben toasted sandwiches!! OMG! I think I want to become a Vegetarian!!



And, we still had enough Lamb for another meal! But no! No more! I could not have any more Lamb! The idea of buying in bulk & using all the leftovers, was really not worth it in the end. I think the next time I have Lamb will be at Christmas!! Anyway, was definitely a good effort & a good cooking venture!




Talking about having too much of a good thing...Dad asked if I wanted some Lemons which were growing in his wonderful Veggie garden. And I thought sure, you can always use lemons. Little did I know that I would be going home with a bag full of them!!















So, onto Pinterest to find out what I could possibly make with them all...
Lemon Gelato! Perfect! Used up about four Lemons...of my bagful!! Salmon, Dill & Lemon pasta. One Lemon. Lemon Coconut Chia Balls. One Lemon.



I still have SO many left! What will I do?? Lemon curd? Lemon meringue pie? Lemonade?
Any ideas? I would be greatly appreciative!



Dairy free Lemon Gelato

• 2 cups Almond/Coconut Milk
• 4 Egg Yolks
• 1/2 cup Stevia
• 3/4 cup Lemon Juice
• 2 heaped tbsp. Grated Lemon Peel


Whisk the egg yolks and set aside
Combine the milks and sweetener in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a simmer
Once the milk is simmering, reduce the heat to low
Slowly whisk about a ladle full of milk into the egg yolks, whisking the entire time
Slowly add the egg yolk mixture back into the warm pan, whisking the entire time. Add the lemon peel at this time
Continue cooking the mixture on low and stirring until it thickens up, coats the back of a spoon
Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Strain the mixture to remove any seeds and the lemon peel
Place in the fridge or freezer to cool

Once cooled, run thru an ice cream maker or freeze it in a loaf pan.



Lemon Coconut Chia Balls

• 3/4 cup Almond Meal
• 1 cup Shaved Coconut + extra for coating balls
• 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
• 1 tbsp Honey
• 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil
• Juice of 1 Lemon
• Grated Rind of 1 Lemon

Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add Lemon Juice & Lemon Rind. 
Slightly melt the Honey & Coconut oil, then pour into the mixture. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Roll into balls & coat with extra coconut shavings. Place in fridge.
Enjoy when cold & set.



No comments:

Post a Comment